It has been a while since I published some code online, however lately I had some time to look through my things and see what I can package as a plugin/bundle.
Since I have started development with Symfony2 rather than only Symfony 1.x I ran ahead and created my first bundle; the TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle. Simply said this bundle is just a port of some of the Symfony 1.x text and date helpers into Twig filters.
Twig Filters included
- distance_of_time_in_words: Displays two dates as “time ago”
- time_ago_in_words: Same as distance_of_time_in_words but shows the difference of now
- auto_link_text: Turns all urls and email addresses into clickable links. The +link+ parameter can limit what should be linked. Options are :all (default), :email_addresses, and :urls.
- excerpt_text: Extracts an excerpt from the +text+ surrounding the +phrase+ with a number of characters on each side determined by +radius+. If the phrase isn’t found, nil is returned. Ex: “hello my world” | excerpt(“my”, 3) => “…lo my wo…”
- simple_format_text: Returns +text+ transformed into html using very simple formatting rules Surrounds paragraphs with <tt><p></tt> tags, and converts line breaks into <tt><br /></tt> Two consecutive newlines(<tt>nn</tt>) are considered as a paragraph, one newline (<tt>n</tt>) is considered a linebreak, three or more consecutive newlines are turned into two newlines
- strip_links_text: Turns all links into words, like “<a href=”something”>else</a>” to “else”.
- Step 1: Add bundle to your deps file
[TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle] git=http://github.com/mozzymoz/TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle.git target=bundles/JustMozzy/TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle
- Step 2 Add bundle to your autoload.php and AppKernel:
'JustMozzy' => __DIR__.'/../vendor/bundles' new JustMozzy\TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle\TwigSfHelper2ExtensionsBundle(),